Rules of Mario Forever Forum. Mar 20, 2016 12:23:36 GMT PhantomSapphire, Games WithoutLoss, and 5 more like this
Post by ＊﹣ＣＲＩＳＴ１９１９﹣＊ on Mar 20, 2016 12:23:36 GMT
MARIO FOREVER FORUM - RULES
CURRENT VERSION: 20.03.2016
LATEST UPDATE: 13.07.2016
LATEST UPDATE: 13.07.2016
Everyone is more than welcome to stay in this forum, but you need to follow the following rules if you want having a good journey around here.
- This forum is an international site. Therefore, English is the main language. Administrators and moderators reserve the right to delete posts written in other languages. Please also avoid writing bilingual or multilingual messages - we only need to see the English. If you'd like to use your native language or speak to people in another language, use the National Lounge Board or simply use private email. Additionally, avoid using street language and slang from your location, What may seem normal where you live might make you look like a fool on this forum.
- Insults are extremely forbidden on this forum. Administrators and moderators reserve the right to penalize those who behave poorly on the forum. It is forbidden to start/instigate flame wars on this forum. Swearing/cursing/cussing should be completely avoided unless in very special situations - in that case, please censor your wording using asterisks.
- Double posting (posting another post underneath your own post) is acceptable only if you are announcing something. If you excessively post posts under your posts, administrators and moderators reserve the right to delete excess and unneeded posts and penalize those who made those posts.
- Posts must match the category they are placed in. Administrators, moderators, and the general population will overall not be pleased if you post a topic in the wrong board. So please make your decision wisely. If a topic is relevant to multiple boards, then place it in the most relevant board and not the least relevant. Certain topics are unwelcome no matter what section they are posted in - so, don't make those posts. Administrators and moderators reserve the right to delete inappropriate threads and penalize those who posted those threads.
- The acronym UTFSE stands for use the F****** search engine and will likely be the first response to a commonly posed question. Therefore, do not post an excessive amount of threads with the same content/question. There is such a thing called a search engine on this forum. Make good use out of it. Administrators and moderators reserve the right to delete excessive threads with the same topic and the user/users who posted these threads can and will receive penalties. If you want to start another discussion on a topic and there is already a thread on the exact same topic, post your discussion in the same thread instead of creating a new thread.
- Asking about closed source engines (such as the World 10 engine or Mariovariable3410's engine) is extremely and highly forbidden. You will be heavily penalized for doing such. You can, however, share your own work on the forum. But you may not ask other users to send you their engines. Repeated, it is forbidden to ask for closed source engines. Administrators and moderators reserve the right to penalize users who ask for closed source engines. If you want to try out/test/use an open source engine, search for it in its related topic.
- Administrators and moderators reserve the right to remove detritus and other useless/worthless information from the forum and place them in the trash can. This includes inappropriate discussion, useless stuff, discussion on things not related to Mario Forever or the off-topic boards on this forum, and illegal discussions, among other stuff. Illegal discussions can include: "How to get a pirated copy of CTF or MMF" and this stuff is forbidden on the forum. Even though it is highly discouraged to use pirated software, it is completely to your discretion whether or not you decide to do so. By using pirated software, you are automatically agreeing to hold none of the staff or other people using the forum responsible if you get in trouble with the company. Illegal discussions will be deleted as soon as it is discovered/reported and the poster penalized.
- As a last resort, the administrators and moderators reserve the right to ban poorly behaving/recalcitrant users. (Signing up again under a different email/username will not work).
- Avoiding appearing like a kewl. You will only be making yourself look like a big fool.
- Avoid pretending that you are mentally challenged unless you are. This will avoid a lot of drama and confusion.
- Avoid emotional responses. If somebody calls you anything bad, flames you, use inappropriate language directed at you, or criticizes you in an inappropriate way, don't act like a blubbering baby and start a flame war. Instead, report the situation to an administrator or moderator so the problem can be resolved. Note that inappropriate criticism is criticism that is not helpful, but is hurtful. Criticism such as suggestions and talking about glitches is helpful and is therefore acceptable. However, criticism like: "You ******* ***** of **** ***** **** **** *** ****" will not be tolerated and will be heavily penalized.
Wish you a nice stay here!
crist1919 & staff